We’re back! We are so happy to announce that we have reopened our Westchester newborn, maternity, and family photography studio. You can find details of our safety procedures below.
We are excited to announce that we are open for business after 3 (LONG) months of being closed. I know you’re right there with me when I say that these are weird, hard, and confusing times. I know we’re all juggling so many things — kids at home, remote work, unexpected job changes, grocery store lines, missing friends and family (and your sanity!). Added to my list has been the process of reopening my doors after 3 months of not being able to book clients. None of it has been easy for anyone, but we’ll figure it out!
I am so excited to finally be back photographing your lovely families again. I have been open for about a month now just slowly getting through the backlog of shoots that were also on pause. It has been so lovely to connect with everyone again – even if it is through masks.
As a newborn photography studio, I have always had extremely high cleanliness standards and hand sanitizer everywhere. I did think about selling my stock in hand sanitizer (AKA liquid gold) but I knew I would need it again. We do have a few changes we have made, the main ones are temperature checks and a mask policy.
Our process in the studio is outlined below:
- We deep clean the studio before each session. At this time we are only taking on one client per day. We have a HEPA purifier for the studio and we try to keep the windows open as much as possible before, during and after the shoot.
- Any prop, blanket, wrap is washed and cleaned after every session. Anything that requires being laundered gets washed with Dreft.
- Hands need to be washed before entering the studio or I will slather your hands with sanitizer upon arrival.
- Temperature checks will be taken at the start of your session. I will also take my temperature to prove to you I have no fever.
- We will continue no touch billing.
- We will no longer be able to offer in home sessions at this time. We can’t control the environment so until further notice we will only be photographing in the studio and at a local park.
- If you are sick, we will not photograph you. If you are feeling sick or a child isn’t well, please let us know and we will determine the reschedule date (based on availability and health and safety guidelines). We want to make as easy as possible for you while also prioritizing your health and safety.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times on all shoots (regardless of in studio or at a park)– the only time clients (adults) will take off their mask is when I am photographing them. I don’t require children to wear masks. Safe distance is required wherever possible.
Safety has always been my top priority
As with all of my shoots, safety is of the utmost importance. From careful posing of newborns (I have photographed over 1,000 newborns so your baby is in safe hands with me), to safe positioning of newborns and their siblings, there will be no unsafe poses on my shoots. I am always up to date with my vaccines, up to date with my safety training, as well as infant and child CPR trained.
I look forward to seeing you and your family in the studio or on location soon- it’s good to be back!
Get inspired for your upcoming photoshoot with Jane Goodrich Westchester newborn photographer, visit her portfolio here. Want more information about Jane’s newborn, family, and maternity photography packages? You can view the maternity packages here, newborn photography here, and family packages here.